Recent changes to the Canada Summer Jobs Grant Program have caused widespread concern. Though Faith Community Church has not used this particular program, many members and our Council have concerns regarding the recent changes.
These concerns are shared with the wider denomination (Christian Reformed Church of North America or CRCNA), as well as the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada or EFC, an organization to which FCC belongs and that FCC financially supports.
In response to these changes, FCC Council recently authorized the Clerk of Council to send letters to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, our MP and President of the Treasury Board Scott Brison, and Minister Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour.
- February 11th Faith Community Church Letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau [PDF]
- February 11th Faith Community Church Letter to Minister (MP) Brison [PDF]
- February 11th Faith Community Church Letter to Minister Hajdu [PDF]
To read more on this topic yourself, here are some links from the CRCNA Network, the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC) and the Government of Canada.
- The Network: CRC Canadian Ministries Director Signs Statement on Canada Summer Jobs Program.
- The Network: Applying for a Canada Summer Jobs Grant? Here's Some Important Information
- EFC: What are Options for Response to the Changes to the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) grant Guidelines?
- EFC: Canada Summer Jobs Grants Policy Change
- Government of Canada: Canada Summer Jobs Program Overview
Clerk of Council